FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, April 20, 2017
Bills announce 2017 schedule
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. – The Buffalo Bills today announced the team’s 2017 schedule. The 2017 schedule release is presented by Ellicott Hotels, the official hotel partner of the Buffalo Bills.
Group and individual game tickets for the 2017 season will go on sale Monday, May 8. Group tickets (12 or more) will be available by calling 1-877-BB-TICKS (228-4257) beginning at 9:00 AM. Individual game tickets will be available through ticketmaster.com beginning at noon. Season tickets are on sale now and continue to provide the best overall value. Season tickets can be purchased through the New Era Field virtual venue on buffalobills.com.
The full 2017 Buffalo Bills schedule is as follows:
|2017 PRESEASON SCHEDULE|
|Thursday, Aug. 10||MINNESOTA VIKINGS||7:00 PM|
|Thursday, Aug. 17||at Philadelphia Eagles||7:00 PM|
|Saturday, Aug. 26||at Baltimore Ravens||7:00 PM|
|Thursday, Aug. 31||DETROIT LIONS||7:00 PM|
|2017 REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE|
|Sunday, Sept. 10||NEW YORK JETS||1:00 PM|
|Sunday, Sept. 17||at Carolina Panthers||1:00 PM|
|Sunday, Sept. 24||DENVER BRONCOS||1:00 PM|
|Sunday, Oct. 1||at Atlanta Falcons||1:00 PM|
|Sunday, Oct. 8||at Cincinnati Bengals||1:00 PM|
|Sunday, Oct. 22||TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS||1:00 PM|
|Sunday, Oct. 29||OAKLAND RAIDERS||1:00 PM|
|Thursday, Nov. 2||at New York Jets||8:25 PM|
|Sunday, Nov. 12||NEW ORLEANS SAINTS||1:00 PM *|
|Sunday, Nov. 19||at Los Angeles Chargers||4:05 PM *|
|Sunday, Nov. 26||at Kansas City Chiefs||1:00 PM *|
|Sunday, Dec. 3||NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS||1:00 PM *|
|Sunday, Dec. 10||INDIANAPOLIS COLTS||1:00 PM *|
|Sunday, Dec. 17||MIAMI DOLPHINS||1:00 PM *|
|Sunday, Dec. 24||at New England Patriots||1:00 PM|
|Sunday, Dec. 31||at Miami Dolphins||1:00 PM *|
|*Eligible for “Flexible Scheduling. See below note for full explanation of flex scheduling procedures.|
“Flexible scheduling” will be used in Weeks 10-15 and 17. Additionally, in Weeks 5-9, flexible scheduling may be used in no more than two weeks. In Weeks 5-15, the schedule lists the games tentatively set for Sunday Night Football on NBC. Only Sunday afternoon games are eligible to be moved to Sunday night, in which case the tentatively scheduled Sunday night game would be moved to an afternoon start time. Flexible scheduling will not be applied to games airing on Thursday, Saturday or Monday nights. A flexible scheduling move would be announced at least 12 days before the game. For Week 17, the Sunday night game will be announced no later than six days prior to December 31. The schedule does not list a Sunday night game in Week 17, but an afternoon game with playoff implications will be moved to that time slot. Flexible scheduling ensures quality matchups in all Sunday time slots in those weeks and gives “surprise” teams a chance to play their way into prime time.
Below is a list of highlights for the team’s 2017 home schedule:
NY Jets: 59-53 All-Time Record (32-24 at Home)
- The Bills will open Kickoff Weekend at home for the second time in three seasons. Last time was 2015 (27-14 win vs. Indianapolis)
- The Bills will open the season against the Jets at home for the first time since 2002.
- The Bills lost a Thursday Night matchup with the Jets, 37-31, in Week 2 of the 2016 season. Up to that game, the Bills had ripped off four straight home victories.
Denver: 19-16-1 All-Time Record (12-11 at Home)
- The Bills and Broncos most recently met in 2014 in Denver, with the Broncos winning 24-17.
- The Bills won their last game at home versus the Broncos, 40-14, in 2011.
- Offensive coordinator Rick Dennison will face his former team in Week 3 against Denver.
Tampa Bay: 3-7 All-Time Record (1-0 at Home)
- The Bills and Buccaneers most recently met in 2013 in Tampa Bay, with the Bucs winning 27-6.
- The Bills have only hosted the Buccaneers once in franchise history, winning the 2009 matchup 33-20.
- Of the 32 NFL teams, no team has played in Buffalo fewer times than the Bucs.
Oakland: 17-21 All-Time Record (12-7 at Home)
- The Bills and Raiders met in the 2016 season, with Oakland taking the game by the score of 38-24.
- The Bills won their last two home games vs the Raiders, 38-35 in 2011 and 24-23 in 2008, and seek their first three-game win streak at home vs the Raiders since winning four straight from 1962-65 (excluding postseason).
New Orleans: 4-6 All-Time Record (3-1 at Home)
- The Bills and Saints most recently met in 2013 in New Orleans, with the Saints emerging victorious 35-17.
- Since winning their first home game vs the Saints, the Bills have dropped three straight at home, including the most recent in 2009, a 27-7 loss.
- The Bills are looking to snap a four-game losing streak in the series.
New England: 43-69-1 All-Time Record (33-22-1 at Home)
- The Bills dropped their 2016 home game vs the Patriots, 41-25. The Bills are looking for their first home win against New England since 2011.
Indianapolis: 36-31-1 All-Time Record (22-13-0 at Home)
- The Bills and Colts most recently met in 2015, with Buffalo winning the season-opener 27-14.
- The Bills have won their last two home games versus the Colts (2015, 2009) and are looking for their first three-game home winning streak versus Indianapolis since winning four straight in 1996-98, 2000.
- Since the Colts moved to Indianapolis, the Bills are 16-5 in their 21 meetings in Buffalo.
Miami: 42-59-1 All-Time Record (25-26 at Home)
- The Bills and Dolphins played their first OT game in Buffalo last season, but Miami was able to emerge with a 34-31 victory. Prior to this game, the Bills had won four straight games at home versus the Dolphins, with the most recent a 33-17 victory in 2015.
- The Week 15 matchup will mark the first meeting between Adam Gase (39) and Sean McDermott (43). The only NFL head coach younger than these two coaches is the LA Rams’ Sean McVay (31).
- Buffalo will have three home games in December for the second consecutive season
Below is a list of highlights for the team’s 2017 road schedule:
Carolina Panthers: 5-1 All-Time Record (2-0 on the Road)
- The Bills will return to Carolina for the first time since 2009, where they are 2-0 in Charlotte.
- The Week 2 matchup will mark Bills’ head coach Sean McDermott’s first road game and his return to Carolina, where he served as the team’s defensive coordinator for six seasons—including the team’s NFC Champion campaign in 2015.
Atlanta Falcons: 4-7 All-Time Record (1-4 on the Road)
- The Falcons and the Bills will meet for the first time since 2013, a game played at Rogers Centre in Toronto. The Bills will be looking to break a 4-game losing streak in Atlanta, dating back to 1983. The game will mark the Bills’ first matchup in Atlanta’s new Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
Cincinnati Bengals: 16-14 All-Time Record (7-9 on the Road)
- Buffalo will travel to Paul Brown Stadium for the second season in a row, where they took home a 16-12 win in Week 11.
New York Jets: 60-53 All-Time Record (28-29 on the Road)
- The Bills last won at MetLife Stadium in 2015, when LeSean McCoy recorded 159 all-purpose yards in the Bills 22-17 win on Thursday Night Football.
- Bills will play the Jets on Thursday Night Football for the third consecutive season.
- The matchup will mark the two teams fourth all-time TNF meeting, with the Jets holding a 2-1 mark. The most TNF recent matchup was last season in Buffalo, with the Bills losing 37-31 in Week 2.
Los Angeles Chargers: 12-23-2 All-Time Record (6-13-1 on the Road)
- The Bills will travel to Los Angeles for the second consecutive season in 2016 (Week 5 vs. Rams), but will be taking on the Chargers during their first season in Los Angeles. The game will be played at StubHub Center, a 30,000 seat soccer stadium that normally plays host to the LA Galaxy. The Bills have lost their last five when traveling to play the Chargers, and will look to break that streak in Week 11.
Kansas City Chiefs: 25-21-1 All-Time Record (11-13 on the Road)
- The Bills will hit the road to take on the Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium. The Bills have won three of their last five games at Arrowhead and will look to rebound from a 2015 loss in Kansas City.
- The game will be the first matchup between Bills’ head coach Sean McDermott and former mentor Andy Reid.
New England Patriots: 43-69-1 All-Time Record (20-38 on the Road)
- The Bills will travel to Gillette Stadium in Week 16, where they have won two of their past three meetings. The 16-0 win in 2016 marked the Bills’ first-ever shutout win in Foxborough, MA.
- Bills will end the season with consecutive road games for the first time since 2014.
Miami Dolphins: 42-59-1 All-Time Record (17-33-1 on the Road)
- Bills will end the season with consecutive road games for the first time since 2014
- The Bills close the season at Miami for the first time since 2001
Filed under: Buffalo Bills